Class Date: Saturday, June 24, from 10 AM - 4 PM
Instructor: Susan Emory
Skill Level: Intermediate
Turn your t-shirts into a fun memory quilt! Susan will show you a simplified cutting/piecing system that takes the guesswork out of t-shirt quilt design. Every quilt is an original!
Supplies to bring to class:Note: Susan uses Pellon P44F lightweight fusible interfacing in her quilts
- Lap: 12-20 t-shirts, 6 yards lightweight fusible interfacing;
- Twin: 20-30 t-shirts, 9 yards lightweight fusible interfacing;
- Queen: 30-36 t-shirts, 14 yards lightweight fusible interfacing;
- King: 36-40 t-shirts, 16 yards lightweight fusible interfacing;
- Theme fabrics to mix into quilt (optional; there is no sashing);
- Cutting Mat at least 18" x 18" in size and Rotary Cutter with sharp blade;
- Square Ruler at least 16-1/2" square;
- 8-1/2" x 24-1/2" ruler (optional, but helpful);
- Neutral Thread;
- Iron and ironing mat (if you have them; there will be some available in the classroom); and;
- Domestic Sewing Machine and basic sewing supplies, or you may choose to rent one of our Bernina 350 classroom domestic machines for $10 per day.
Additional supplies needed to complete quilt (not needed for class):
- Lap: Border 1 yd., Backing 4 yds., Binding 5/8 yd.;
- Twin: Border 1-1/4 yds., Backing 5-1/2 yds., Binding 3/4 yd.;
- Queen: Border 1-1/2 yds., Backing 9 yds., Binding 7/8 yd.; and
- King: Border 2-1/4 yds., Backing 10 yds., Binding 1 yd.
Use spaces to separate tags. Use single quotes (') for phrases.